Here's what you'll need!
- Tomatoes (we prefer to use a rainbow mix, red, yellow, green, purple)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- olive oil
- Cheese (we love parmesan, but feel free to use whatever you'd like)
- Linguine pasta
1. Heat the olive oil or butter in a medium sized sauce pan.
2. Add the diced onion and crushed garlic, cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and bring to the sauce to a boil.
Reduce the heat and add the basil – some can be chopped, but you can also add the stalks (they add flavor) and remove the stalks when the sauce is done. Add the sugar if using, you can also add the salt and pepper.
4. Cook the sauce over low heat for at least 30 minutes. Stir the sauce frequently with a wooden spoon and use the spoon to press and help breakdown the chunky tomato pieces.
5. Bring water to a boil, with salt and olive oil
6. Once water is boiled, add 250g of Linguine and stir
7. Once the pasta is cooked, mix the linguine with the tomato sauce.
8. Grate your cheese preference (as we said we like parmesan) garnish with two leaves of basil.
PS: ops, we almost forgot the most important step, play loud music, drink a class (or a few) glasses of red wine and dance around your kitchen while cooking!